Fix comctl32.dll Error on Windows 7February 11th, 2012 | Posted by in Errors
Comctl32.dll is one of the most critical DLL files of Windows 7 which stands for Common Controls Library and contains common graphical user interface components that is used by the Windows application to display the graphics in a better way. But this DLL file often shows error messages when Windows 7 try to load its associated components using this DLL file which can only be resolved when user will fix comctl32.dll errors.
Some of the common error messages that user encounter related to this comctl32.dll file includes -
- “This application failed to start because comctl32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\comctl32.dll”
- “Comctl32.dll Not Found”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: comctl32.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “The file comctl32.dll is missing.”
The above mentioned error messages will generally appear when user will attempt to install certain program, while starting or shutting down system or Windows itself is installing. Every error contains a piece of information that will help user to resolve comctl32.dll error easily.
Before resolving comctl32.dll errors it is very important to understand what are the reasons that has caused these errors. Basically these errors appear due to the missing and corruption of DLL files which restricts the Windows to perform desired function. Some of the reasons due to which this DLL file gets damaged are –
- Hardware failure.
- Damaged or corrupt Windows registry.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Corruption in the Windows registry and so on.
So, now when the reasons which cause this error messages are quite clear, user should try to fix them as soon as possible. There are certain methods which will help user to fix comctl32.dll error . They are as follows –
- First reinstall the program which is causing this error message, as doing so will freshly install comctl32.dll file in the PC.
- As a next step, replace the comctl32.dll file from its original location so that missing DLL file issue should be resolved.
- Updating the Windows system sometimes also resolves the version conflicts and updates the drivers and its related components.
- Restoring the system using System Restore feature will certainly help user to undo the changes made in system settings.
- At times un-registered DLL files also leads to this kind of error messages, re-registering which can easily resolve the issue.
But in case neither of the above mentioned methods succeeded to fix comctl32.dll error then opt for comctl32.dll error fix tool which will effectively resolve all the bugs in comctl32.dll file and fixes these error messages as well. It also helps the PC to regain its performance which has been degraded due to these errors. So, just use this tool and get rid comctl32.dll error forever. It is a complete solution that makes your computer running safe and sound.